Job Opportunities at NYU Cancer Institute
If you are interested in joining our organization, please view our current job postings below. Resumes are reviewed on a regular basis, and candidates selected for interviews are contacted by phone or email. However, due to the high volume of applications received on a daily bases, we regret to inform you that only those applicants identified for an interview will be contacted. Please note that internet postings are updated on an ongoing basis.
If you are interested in other positions with in the NYU Langone Medical Center, please visit the main Career Opportunities website. Please follow these links for information regarding faculty positions, nursing career opportunities and staff positions.
If you are unable to submit your resume through our job site, please feel free to fax your resume to:
NYU Cancer Institute
Fax: (212) 263-0715
Thank you for considering making the NYU Cancer Institute, in the NYU Langone Medical Center your employer of choice.
The Administrative Assistant will render the following support to the Executive Director of the NYU Cancer Institute to facilitate her efficient functioning and the efficiency of the NYUCI in general. The role will include pre-empting administrative problems to keep the office running smoothly at all times. Manage and coordinate the daily schedule of the Executive Director’s office, oversee calendar, coordinate meetings, make travel arrangements, prepare and assist with PowerPoint presentations, all correspondence including letters and minutes, provide back-up support for the Director’s Executive Assistant and act as liaison between the Executive Director’s office and other offices at the SOM, affiliated institutions and other institutions.
- Creation, production and editing of confidential presentations and reports;
- Maintains calendar and effectively schedules meetings, conferences, travel arrangements, etc.;
- Handles confidential matters with appropriate urgency and discretion;
- PowerPoint presentation development for speaking engagements, conferences, meetings etc.;
- Maintains a system to ensure appropriate follow-up on activities;
- Favorably represent the Executive Director during contact with faculty, staff, patients and visitors as well as external organizations;
- Ensures that all support functions for the Executive Director are completed in a timely manner;
- Prepares meeting agendas through solicitation of appropriate staff members;
- Coordinates the logistics of meetings; oversees the preparation of announcements and materials and the dissemination of information;
- Providing back-up support for the Director’s Executive Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field, plus five years experience in an academic or professional office environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Advanced experience using Microsoft applications, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, for presentation/report creation and development;
- Must be detail-oriented and extremely well organized;
- Excellent, analytical, interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills required;
- Ability to successfully multi-task, interact effectively with diverse populations and audiences and prioritize business demands in a fast-paced environment;
- Executive support experience strongly preferred.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
The Sr. Financial Analyst supports the Assistant Director in managing and analyzing the financial operations of the Institute by monitoring standard activities in accordance with the Institute’s internal controls and financial SOPs. The Sr. Financial Analyst offers analytical support by collecting and interpreting relevant financial data, maintaining tools and databases, and generating standard financial actions and reports across clinical trials, discretionary, grants, and operating accounts to produce accurate and timely financial information to aid in decision making.
- Develops and maintains tools and databases to accurately capture and interpret financial data;
- Generates standard financial reports (excludes sponsored projects); interprets reports and alerts Assistant Director to potential issues;
- Provides financial support to Faculty and Assistant Director as required; prepares cost transfers and monthly Journal Vouchers (JVs) and tracks to ensure they are booked timely and accurately.
- Assists in development and implementation of internal controls and financial SOPs for Institute.
- Reviews Accounts Payable documents and Personnel changes against the budget and actual spending and alerts the Assistant Director to potential issues.
- Identifies and investigates financial errors and makes inquiries with central Finance and General Accounting to determine cause of problem; proposes appropriate solutions to resolve the issue timely and accurately.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Finance related field;
- 5+ years in financial operations (preferably healthcare, non-profit, or public sector);
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and principles of Financial Management, Excel, Access, development and maintenance of databases;