- 2013 NYU Cancer Institute Gala Raises Over $1.6 Million for Patient Care, Research, Education, and Prevention
Nearly 500 Guests Attend Event to Honor Richard L. Shapiro, MD, Associate Professor of Surgery; Director, Surgical Oncology Operations at The Cancer Institute...read more
- NYU Cancer Institute Leads $6.25 Million Research Effort to Find New Therapies for the Most Common Form of Childhood Cancerread more
Funding Recognizes Pioneering Research into Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Researchers at The Cancer Institute at NYU Langone Medical Center are leading a $6.25 million, five-year...
- Researchers Discover How A Mutated Protein Outwits Evolution And Fuels Leukemiaread more
Findings Suggest a Potent New Therapeutic Target for Certain Types of Cancer
Scientists have discovered the survival secret to a genetic mutation that stokes leukemia cells, solving an evolutionary riddle and paving the way to a...
- Breakthrough In The Understanding Of How Pancreatic Cancer Cells Ingest Nutrients Points To New Drug Targetread more
Discovery Suggests Novel Way to Starve Tumors and Deliver Medications
In a landmark cancer study published online in Nature, researchers at NYU School of Medicine have...
- Adults in Toyland Casino Night Raises Over $700,000 to Benefit Stephen D. Hassenfeld Children’s Centerread more
Carol Alt, Dylan Lauren, Lizzie and Jonathan Tisch, Charlie Walk, and Emcee Jeff Rossen of NBC News/TODAY among more than 600 Guests in Attendance
“Adults in Toyland Casino Night” co-chairs Susan Block Casdin, Kimberly...
- NYU Cancer Institute and the WIN Consortium Collaborate to Advance Personalized Cancer Careread more
NYU Cancer Institute is proud to announce that it has joined the Worldwide Innovative Networking (WIN) Consortium in personalized cancer medicine. This new partnership will ensure that NYU Cancer Institute play an active and vital role in WIN...
- Researchers Discover Mutations Linked To Relapse Of Childhood Leukemiaread more
Finding Emerged from 100 Billion RNA nucleotides in 10 Children with Cancer
After an intensive three-year hunt through the genome, medical researchers have pinpointed mutations that leads to drug resistance and relapse in the most...
- 2012 NYU Cancer Institute Gala Raises $1.5 Million for Patient Care, Research, Education, and Preventionread more
More Than 400 Guests Attend Event to Honor James L. Speyer, MD, Professor of Medicine, Medical Director of the Clinical Cancer Center, and Associate Director of Clinical Hospital Operations at NYU Cancer Institute
- NYU Langone Recognized As Top 10 Academic Medical Center for Patient Safety and Quality by University Healthsystem Consortiumread more
NYU Langone Ranked #1 in Effectiveness and Equity Core Domains
NYU Langone Medical Center ranked 8th among the top academic medical centers in the country for patient safety and quality on the University...
- Howard A. Fine, MD, Joins NYU Langone Medical Centerread more
New Neuro-oncologist to Advance Research and Education at NYU Cancer Institute
- NYU Cancer Institute Leads $6.25 Million Research Effort to Find New Therapies for the Most Common Form of Childhood Cancer