- UVA Radiation Damages DNA in Human Melanocyte Skin Cells, Causing Mutations that Can Lead to Melanoma
New York, NY (June 30, 2010) - A new study by researchers at NYU School of Medicine found that UVA radiation damages the DNA in human melanocyte cells, causing mutations that can lead to melanoma. Melanocytes, which contain a...
- New Clinical Trial Offers Vascular-Targeted Photodynamic Therapy to Patients with Localized Prostate Cancer
NYU Langone Medical Center has begun a clinical trial offering vascular-targeted photodynamic therapy to patients with localized prostate cancer. This novel, minimally invasive procedure uses a light-activated drug to deliver light energy waves...
- NYU School of Medicine Receives $3.2 Million Grant From CDC For New Comparative Effectiveness Research Program
New Initiative to Focus on Hypertension and Colorectal Health Disparities in African-American Men
The NYU Health Promotion and Prevention Research Center (NYU PRC) at the NYU School of Medicine announced it has received a...
- NYU Langone Scientists Are First to Sequence the Genome of Two Ant Species
Research May Help Unlock the Mysteries of Human Aging and Behavior
Scientists have finally sequenced the entire genome of an ant, actually two very different species of ant, and the insights gleaned from their genetic...
- NYU Langone Scientists Find Key Pathway Implicated in Progression of Childhood Cancer
New Finding May Pave the Way to the Development of Drugs for Treating the Disease
According to a new study, a protein crucial for the immune response appears to be a key player in the progression of a devastating form...
- September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
NYU Langone Medical Center Offers the Latest Minimally Invasive Treatments for Prostate Cancer in Clinical Trials
September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Each year over 32,000 men will die from prostate cancer...
- 2010 NYU Cancer Institute Gala Raises Nearly $1.4 Million
Over 450 Guests Attend Event to Honor Silvia Formenti, MD, the Sandra and Edward H. Meyer Professor of Radiation Oncology and Chair of Radiation Oncology at NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Cancer Center Institute, an...
- NYU Langone Medical Center Establishes The Smilow Comprehensive Prostate Cancer Center
Unique Center Offers Comprehensive Personalized Care for Prostate Cancer
NYU Langone Medical Center is pleased to announce that it has established The Smilow Comprehensive Prostate Cancer Center with a $5 million gift...
- Adults in Toyland Casino Night, Sponsored by Caesars Atlantic City, Raises $700,000 for NYU Langone Medical Center
Funds Support Stephen D. Hassenfeld Children's Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders and Department of Pediatrics
"Adults in Toyland Casino Night-Gaming for a Cause" co-chairs Susan Block Casdin, Keri...
- Susan Schwab, PhD, from NYU School of Medicine, Named 2010 Pew Scholar in Biomedical Sciences
The Pew Charitable Trusts named Susan R. Schwab, PhD, assistant professor in the Department of Pathology and the Skirball Institute Program of Molecular Pathogenesis, as a 2010 Pew Scholar in the Biomedical Sciences. Dr. Schwab is among 21 new...