- NYU Langone Medical Center Offers Real Time Imaging Technique To Advance Robotic Surgery For Patients
First Center in the World to Use Fluorescence Imaging Technology
NYU Langone Medical Center completed its first surgery this month using a new near-infrared fluorescence imaging guided system available on the...
- NYU Langone Medical Center Physician Honored By The Israel Cancer Research Fund
Cancer Surgeon and Researcher Daniel F. Roses, MD, Receives Excellence in Medicine Award
Daniel F. Roses, MD, the Jules Leonard Whitehill Professor of Surgery and Oncology and chief of the Division of Surgical Oncology at NYU...
- NYU Langone Medical Center’s Dr. John P. Curtin Elected President of The Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
NYU Langone Medical Center's John P. Curtin, MD, professor and director of the Division of Gynecologic Oncology in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has been elected the 43rd President of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists (...
- NYU Cancer Institute Experts Present at the American Association for Cancer Research 102nd Annual Meeting 2011
Experts from The Cancer Institute at NYU Langone Medical Center presented new research findings at the American Association for Cancer Research 102nd Annual Meeting 2011 held April 2-6, 2011 in Orlando, Florida. NYU Cancer...
- Marc Jacobs Reissues Celebrity “Protect The Skin You’re In” Tees To Benefit NYU’s Interdisciplinary Melanoma Cooperative Group
Naomi Campbell, Heidi Klum and Victoria Beckham Put on Birthday Suits for T-Shirt Campaign, Raising Over $1 million for Melanoma Research at NYU Cancer Institute
- NYU School of Medicine Receives $3.2 Million Grant From CDC For New Comparative Effectiveness Research Program
New Initiative to Focus on Hypertension and Colorectal Health Disparities in African-American Men
The NYU Health Promotion and Prevention Research Center (NYU PRC) at the NYU School of Medicine announced it has received a...
- New Clinical Trial Offers Vascular-Targeted Photodynamic Therapy to Patients with Localized Prostate Cancer
NYU Langone Medical Center has begun a clinical trial offering vascular-targeted photodynamic therapy to patients with localized prostate cancer. This novel, minimally invasive procedure uses a light-activated drug to deliver light energy waves...
- UVA Radiation Damages DNA in Human Melanocyte Skin Cells, Causing Mutations that Can Lead to Melanoma
New York, NY (June 30, 2010) - A new study by researchers at NYU School of Medicine found that UVA radiation damages the DNA in human melanocyte cells, causing mutations that can lead to melanoma. Melanocytes, which contain a...
- Move from Traditional Weekday “9 to 5” Services Meets Needs of Today’s Busy Patients
Move from Traditional Weekday "9 to 5" Services Meets Needs of Today's Busy Patients, Improves Quality and Patient Satisfaction
As part of NYU Langone Medical Center's commitment to providing patient-centered care, the...
- NYU Langone Scientists Are First to Sequence the Genome of Two Ant Species
Research May Help Unlock the Mysteries of Human Aging and Behavior
Scientists have finally sequenced the entire genome of an ant, actually two very different species of ant, and the insights gleaned from their genetic...