- Susan Schwab, PhD, from NYU School of Medicine, Named 2010 Pew Scholar in Biomedical Sciences
The Pew Charitable Trusts named Susan R. Schwab, PhD, assistant professor in the Department of Pathology and the Skirball Institute Program of Molecular Pathogenesis, as a 2010 Pew Scholar in the Biomedical Sciences. Dr. Schwab is among 21 new...
- NYU Langone Medical Center Receives $5.4 Million Grant from New York State for Stem Cell Research at the NYU RNAi Core Facility
NYU Langone Medical Center has received a $5.4 million shared facility award from the Empire State Stem Cell Board's New York State Stem Cell Science (NYSTEM) program. The grant will be used to expand the NYU RNAi Core Facility and build shared...
- 25th Anniversary of ABCDEs of Melanoma Detection Established at NYU Langone Medical Center
2010 marks the 25th-year anniversary of the development of the ABCDE acronym, developed by dermatologists at NYU Langone Medical Center that provides criteria for diagnosing melanoma. One American dies every hour from melanoma, the deadliest of...
- The Ann Belsky Moranis Memorial Lecture
MECHANISMS OF ACTION AND RESISTANCE TO HER2 TARGETED THERAPIES IN BREAST CANCER
January 27, 2010
NYU Langone Medical Center
Grand Rounds-Department of Medicine...
- NYU Study Finds New Risk Factor for Melanoma in Younger Women
Genetic test may help identify pre-menopausal women at higher risk
NEW YORK-Researchers may have found a more potent risk factor for melanoma than blistering sunburns, freckling, or family history of the deadly skin disease. In a new...
- NYU Cancer Institute Unveils New Advertising Campaign
"Any Given Moment" Captures Powerful Human Experiences Emerging from the NYU Cancer Institute
New York, March 25, 2010-The NYU Cancer Institute, an NCI-designated cancer center at NYU Langone Medical Center, launched a new...
- NYU Cancer Institute Experts Present At The 101st Annual Meeting Of The American Association Of Cancer Research
April 21, 2010 (New York, NY) - Experts from The Cancer Institute at NYU Langone Medical Center presented new research findings at the 101st Annual Meeting of the American Association of Cancer Research in Washington, DC. The...
- May is Melanoma Awareness Month
NYU Langone Medical Center Skin Cancer Experts Are Available For Interviews
May 1, 2010 (New York, NY) -- May is Melanoma Awareness Month-calling attention to a disease that kills one American every hour. Melanoma however...
- Free Skin Cancer Screening At NYU Langone Medical Center
Screening Participants Can Also Participate in Study to Help Identify Genetic Risk Factors for Melanoma
New York, NY (May 3, 2010) - NYU Langone Medical Center's Ronald O. Perelman Department of...
- MoleSafe USA Opens Clinic at NYU Langone Medical Center
First Hospital in the United States to Offer MoleSafe's Cutting-Edge Melanoma Detection Service
May 10, 2010 - MoleSafe a novel, state-of-the-art melanoma screening program, has begun providing services at...